Teaching Encouraging Assisting Mentoring
Join TEAM YTIA this month as we give back to the community by volunteering.
You have a voice - Use It!
SELF ADVOCACY TRAINING
YTIA will present a Self Advocacy Training Session as part of the "Aging Out Seminar" sponsored by PAL on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at the Kerrville Transition Center located at 1127 E. Main Street, Kerrville, Texas. Join us to earn how to speak up for yourself the correct way!
PRACTICAL LIFE SKILLS TRAINING
Our first Practical Life Skills Training: Cooking. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? YOU! was a success. The youth had a great time learning basic cooking skills from our resident chef Richard Valdez, the women of St. John Baptist Church, and the Training Co-Leaders, Mary Valdez and Brenda Knowles
Check out Texas Youth Connection for important information and programs available through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. You can also check out the links below:
- Preparation for Adult Living
- Higher Education Information & Resources for Current and Former Foster YouthWord Document
- Education and Training Voucher
- College Tuition and Fee Waiver
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Employment Preference for Former Foster Youth
- Texas Youth Connection
- Transition Centers
- Trial Independence
- Extended Court Jurisdiction
- Extended Foster Care Program
- Supervised Independent Living