Teaching Encouraging Assisting Mentoring
Join TEAM YTIA this month as we give back to the community by volunteering.
SELF ADVOCACY TRAINING
You have a voice - Use It!
Read the latest BRIDGE BUILDERS NEWSLETTER here.
Youth need to be able to express themselves and advocate for themselves, YTIA conducts workshops that allow youths to gain the skills they need to speak up for themselves. Contact us to schedule a workshop today.
PRACTICAL LIFE SKILLS TRAINING
Our first Practical Life Skills Training: Cooking. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? YOU! was a success. The youth had a great time learning basic cooking skills from our resident chef Richard Valdez, the women of St. John Baptist Church, and the Training Co-Leaders, Mary Valdez and Brenda Knowles
Check out Texas Youth Connection for important information and programs available through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. You can also check out the links below:
- Preparation for Adult Living
- Higher Education Information & Resources for Current and Former Foster YouthWord Document
- Education and Training Voucher
- College Tuition and Fee Waiver
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Employment Preference for Former Foster Youth
- Texas Youth Connection
- Transition Centers
- Trial Independence
- Extended Court Jurisdiction
- Extended Foster Care Program
- Supervised Independent Living